Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More from the NAB

The Broadcasters Foundation held their 15th annual awards breakfast this morning, the 2009 Ward L. Quall Pioneer Awards. This year's recipients are: James Gabbert, Walter Liss, Lowry Mays, The Taishoff Family, Cecil Walker, and Bud Walters. It is a great list of very deserving broadcasting pros.

I want to single out one winner, Bud Walters. I worked for him at his first radio station while I was in high school. He is a great broadcaster and a great guy. He gives a lot back to the industry. I am proud to be his friend, and pleased that he was selected as one of this year's honorees.

And while I'm extending kudos, let me add that the Broadcasters Foundation is a great organization. They support broadcasters in need. It is a great cause. Remember them in your giving. http://www.broadcastersfoundation.org/

George
Media Services Group

No comments:

Post a Comment