Monday, April 25, 2011

Sale of WVMP-FM closes

Congratulations to Edward B. Walker of CityWorks Community Broadcasting in Roanoke (buyer) and Allen Shaw of Centennial Broadcasting (seller) on the completion of their deal for WVMP-FM in Roanoke (licensed to Vinton, VA). The sale price was $500,000.

WVMP programs a AAA format at 101.5 mHz. BIA reports a 60 dBu pop count of 245,854. The price works out to $2.03 per pop. I am pleased to have represented Centennial in the transaction.

George
Media Services Group

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations George. Maybe you can give me some insight on something. How would one go about deciding on a ballpark value on a 200 watt non commercial FM signal that is dark and has only been used as part of a daisy chain. I know the population count in the 60 dBu contour is about 60,000. Any advice is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know of any "comps" which match your question. But my gut tells me that the value would be less than $3 per pop; perhaps a lot less. And that would assume the station to be fully operational.

    ReplyDelete