- Teens are NOT abandoning TV for new media.
- Teens love the Internet . . . but spend far less time browsing than adults.
- Teens watch less online video than most adults, but the ads are highly engaging to them.
- Teens read newspapers, listen to radio and even like advertising more than most.
- Teens' favorite TV shows, top websites and genre preferences across media are mostly the same as those of their parents.
- Social networks play an increasingly important role (about half of U.S. teens use Facebook).
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
According to Nielsen's new report on teen media consumption, "The notion that teens are too busy texting and Twittering to be engaged with traditional media is exciting, but false."
Here are the bullet points: